Charles NathanPrint Page
A marble tablet, erected by parishioners for his services to the church, commemorates Charles Nathan who died in 1872.
Charles Nathan, a well known surgeon, was one of the original four doctors appointed to the new Sydney Infirmary and Dispensary in 1845. A fervent Evangelical, he was a warden and trustee of St James's Church, King Street, and daily read a chapter from the New Testament in the original Greek which he had taught himself. Generous, kindly and tolerant, he died from septicaemia at his home in Macquarie Street, Sydney, on 20 September 1872.
|Address:||173 King Street, St James Church, South Wall No 15, Sydney, 2000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.869486|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
Charles Nathan Esquire FRCS
Warden And Trustee Of This Parish
Rested From His Labours
September 20th 1872.
This Tablet Is Erected
To Mark Their Respect For
And Regret At The Loss Of
A Kind Friend
And A True Christian Gentleman.