Reverend James GuntherPrint Page
The Gunther Memorial Garden commemorates the Reverend James Gunther who was the first rector of the Mudgee Parish, and served at this church for 38 years.
|Address:||Church & Market Streets, St John the Baptist Anglican Church, Mudgee, 2850|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.590571|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 15th May, 1988|
Gunther Memorial Garden
Dedicated by Bishop E. K. Leslie
Sunday 15th May 1988 to commemorate
the first Rector of Mudgee Parish,
Reverend James Gunther (1841 - 79).
Mudgee Parish was founded by
Bishop Broughton on 16th May 1841.
The present Church building
was consecrated on 22nd Nov. 1860.