George McCredie (McCredie Memorial Uniting Church) Print Page
McCredie Memorial Church was erected in memory of pioneer George McCredie who held the first Presbyterian service on his property in 1894.
Five children of the founder were present at the George McCredie Memorial Presbyterian Church Golden Jubilee services at Guildford on Sunday. The celebrations were to have been held a year ago, when 50 years had gone by since George McCredie had held the first Presbyterian service in a summer house on his property, "Linwood," at Guildford, on May 6, 1894. He subsequently built a structure known as "Linwood Hall," in which services were held until the end of 1905. After his death in 1903, the McCredie family made a gift of the land on which the church stands, and the church was built by the congregation as a memorial to the grand old pioneer.
The Cumberland Argus and Fruitgrowers Advocate
(Parramatta, NSW) 9 May 1945.
|Address:||486 Guildford Road , Guildford West , 2161|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.852515|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
GEORGE McCREDIE MEMORIAL