www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Reverend Edward RogersPrint Page Print this page

10-May-2015
10-May-2015

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
A stained glass window commemorates Reverend Edward Rogers who was rector of the parish from 1848 to 1858. 

The foundation stone of St Mark's Anglican church was laid in l850 by the third Minister of the parish, the Reverend Edward Rogers who was deeply involved with the building of the church. St. Mark’s Anglican Church in Picton was opened for worship in l856, some fifteen years after the township had been surveyed. The delay in building the church was caused by the shortage of labour as men went to the goldfields

Location

Address:7-9 Menangle Street, St Mark`s Anglican Church, Picton, 2571
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.168835
Long: 150.610116
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Front Inscription
HE·GAVE· SOME TO·BE·PASTORS
Ephesians · 4  11·

·REV·EDWARD·ROGERS·
·RECTOR·1848 — 1858·
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design