Pioneer MethodistsPrint Page
A memorial made from the stones of the old chapel commemorates the pioneer Methodists of Ross.
There will be an important event in the history of the Campbell Town Methodist Circuit at the Ross church during the coming weekend. It is exactly 50 years since the Ross Methodists opened the present church, which replaced the old Wesleyan Chapel built in 1838. To commemorate the opening a memorial stone at the church will be unveiled on Saturday, when the wardens and councillors of the districts of Campbelltown and Ross will attend. The memorial was erected to the pioneer Methodists of Ross.
Examiner (Launceston), 10th December 1935.
|Address:||Church Street, Uniting Church, Ross, 7209|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.032296|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 14th December, 1935|
These stones from the old chapel are erected as a memorial to the pioneer Methodists of Ross