Dr. William BeetPrint Page
A drinking fountain commemorates Dr William Beet.
Dr William Ashley Beet was educated in Townsville and studied medicine in London. Appointed to the Beaudesert Hospital in 1903, he gave the whole of his working life (bar one year spent in England) to the district. He visited patients in the early years on horseback, then by pony trap and later on a motor cycle.
The community loved him and countless babies - White and Aboriginal - were named after him. In a rural community he frequently had also to act as the veterinarian. When he retired in June 1947, the locals turned out en masse at the showground to farewell him.
|Address:||Tina Street, In front of hospital, Beaudesert, 4285|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.985278|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Designed by Karl Langer & sculpted by Mr & Mrs Schillam|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1958|
In Memory of Dr. William Ashley Beet