Sir George Bowen SimpsonPrint Page
Memorial tablet unveiled in 1934 by Sir John Harvey (Chief Judge in Equity) to the memory of Sir George Bowen Simpson and his wife Lady Simpson. Sir George Bowen Simpson , politician and judge, died in 1915 and his wife died in 1933. Lady Simpson was very active in St Mark's Church.
Simpson was nominated to the Legislative Council on 22 December 1885 as government representative and attorney-general in Sir John Robertson's last ministry. By right of office he became a Q.C. in 1886, before the government fell in February. In February 1888 he succeeded B. R. Wise as attorney-general in Sir Henry Parkes's cabinet.
On 18 December 1894 Simpson became a judge of the Supreme Court. Knighted in 1909, Simpson acted as chief justice for a year after the retirement of Sir Frederick Darley until January 1910 and was twice acting governor.
|Address:||Darling Point Road & Greenoaks Avenue, St Mark`s Anglican Church, Darling Point, 2027|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.874532|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 11th March, 1934|