Nicholas Paget BaylyPrint Page
A monument commemorates grazier and merino stud breeder, Nicholas Paget Bayly.
In 1840 Bayly bought a 14,000-acre (5667 ha) property at Mudgee later known as Havilah, which in biblical phraseology means `the land of gold`. Bayly set about building a quality stud buying 1000 ewes of George III flock lineage. He was widely respected and active in community affairs: inaugural councillor of the shire of Mudgee in 1843, foundation alderman of the break-away Cudgegong municipality in 1860 and on the committee for establishing a public hospital in 1863.
|Address:||Lue Road , Opposite entrance to Havilah, Mudgee, 2850|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.615289|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.