Thomas Allwright Dibbs & Tryphena Dibbs Print Page
Tablet erected in 1916 in recognition of Mr & Mrs Dibbs gift of their estate "Graythwaite" for use as a convalescent home for sick and wounded soldiers and sailors returning from World War One. The home was gifted in perpetuity to the government of New South Wales.
Maryborough Chronicle, Wide Bay and Burnett Advertiser (Qld), 15 June 1915.
|Address:||Blue Street, Graythwaite House, Church of England Grammar School, North Sydney, 2060|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.84023|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1916|
THIS TABLET HAS BEEN ERECTED
IN GRATEFUL RECOGNITION OF THE
GENEROUS GIFT OF THIS PROPERTY
TO THE GOVERNMENT OF NEW SOUTH WALES
BY THOMAS ALLWRIGHT DIBBS ESQUIRE
AND HIS WIFE TRYPHENA DIBBS,
IN THE YEAR 1915
FOR USE AS A CONVALESCENT HOME
FOR SICK AND WOUNDED SOLDIERS AND
SAILORS, AND WHEN NOT FURTHER
REQUIRED FOR THAT PURPOSE
AS A CONVALESCENT HOME IN PERPETUITY
FOR DISTRESSING SUBJECTS
OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE
REGARDLESS OF SECT OR CREED
W A HOLMAN GEORGE BLACK
Premier Minister of Public Health