Carlo Catani Print Page
Clocktower and bronze bust commemorate Carlo Catani (1852-1918), the chief engineer of the Public Works Department who was highly respected in St Kilda.
Catani's last major project was the reclamation of the foreshore of St Kilda. He was an original member of the St Kilda Foreshore Trust, set up in 1906, and after his retirement in 1917 he continued as government representative. He designed the landscaping of the gardens at the beach end of Fitzroy Street, later named the Catani Gardens, and was responsible for the foreshore works all the way to Point Ormond.
|Address:||Jacka Boulevard, The Esplanade, St Kilda, 3182|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.865058|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Sub-Theme:||Government - State|
|Monument Designer:||Paul Montford (Bust)|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Alloy Castings Foundry|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 22nd August, 1931|
In Honor Of
Born 25th April 1852 - Died 20th July 1918
A Great Public Servant
Of Victoria 1876 - 1917