William Anderson Print Page
A park commemorates the public work of William Anderson, Alderman and Mayor of North Sydney from 1914 to 1918.
Anderson Park was created following reclamation of the head of Neutral Bay during the 1890's. Originally known as Warringa Park, the bulk of Anderson Park was dedicated on 8 October 1898. The Park was renamed in 1926 to honour William Anderson, a long-serving alderman on the Council and Mayor from 1914 to 1918.
|Address:||Clark Road, Anderson Park , Neutral Bay, 2089|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.840556|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Sub-Theme:||Government - Local|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1926|
This stone commemorates the public work of
William Anderson, J.P.
Alderman of North Sydney from 1891 to 1928
Mayor from February 1914 to February 1918
Obit 29th February 1930