www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Councillor & Mrs Hislop (Hislop Entrance)Print Page Print this page

Councillor and Mrs Hislop : 25-November-2011
Councillor and Mrs Hislop : 25-November-2011

Photographs supplied by Graeme Saunders

Stone pillars with lamps forming the entrance to the gardens, named `Hislop Entrance` commemorate the Councillor and Mrs. A. McK. Hislop who were Mayor and Mayoress of Camberwell. The pillars were unveiled in 1936. 

Stone pillars which have been erected at the entrance to the Canterbury Gardens in recognition of services rendered to the City of Camberwell by Mr. A. McK. Hislop during his term as councillor and mayor, and by Mrs. Hislop, will be unveiled by the Mayor of Camberwell (Councillor W. Dimmick) at 2 30 pm. today.
Argus (Melbourne),  27 June 1936.

Location

Address:Canterbury Road, Canterbury Gardens, Canterbury, 3126
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.824023
Long: 145.080546
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Government - Local

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 27th June, 1936
Front Inscription

HISLOP ENTRANCE

Erected By
The Citizens To Commemorate
The Services Rendered To
THE CITY OF CAMBERWELL
             By 
COUNCILLOR & Mrs A. McK. HISLOP  
Mayor & Mayoress
In The Centenary Year Of The State 
1934 - 1935

Source: MA,VMR
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design