James H. CurnowPrint Page
A fountain with sculptures commemorates James H. Curnow , Mayor of Bendigo.
After failures in 1895 and 1897, Curnow was elected to the Bendigo City Council in 1901. Apart from the period from 1906-09 he remained a councillor for the rest of his life, and was five times mayor. His efficient and imaginative work in council expressed his dedication to the advancement of Bendigo and for fifty years he was associated with almost every progressive movement in the life of the town. He was a founding member (1916) and later chairman of the town's sewerage authority.
|Address:||Williamson Street, Rosalind Park, Bendigo, 3550|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.757773|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Sub-Theme:||Government - Local|
Public memorial to James H. Curnow, Mayor of Bendigo, 1902-1904, 1912-1913, 1914-1920, 1927- 1928; founder of Bendigo Sewerage.