William BurburyPrint Page
A marble plaque commemorates William Burbury, who lived at the "Inglewood Estate" and was a Councillor and Road Trustee in the Oatlands Municipality for very many years, and served one term as the Member for Oatlands in the House of Assembly.
|Address:||High Street, Oatlands Town Hall, Oatlands, 7120|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.299888|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Sub-Theme:||Government - Local|
Born at Oatlands, 11th Feb 1836
Died. 20th Novr 1905.
Served with distinction & unwearied zeal as a Municipal Councillor for 28 yrs being Warden for 4 yrs 1887 - 91
As a Road Trustee for upwards of 30 yrs. & as M.H.A. for 3 yrs 1900-3 in the Parliament to which for last time, the Electorate of Oatlands returned a member.
"To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die"
Erected by residents of the District