Patrick CliffordPrint Page
A plaque commemorates Patrick Clifford for his services as councillor on the Esk Shire Council, and Shire Chairman.
|Address:||Esk - Hampton Road & Brisbane Valley Highway, Esk, 4312|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.240685|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Sub-Theme:||Government - Local|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1999|
This plaque recognises services rendered by Patrick Clifford to Esk as member of the Esk Divisional Board and councillor of the Esk Shire Council 1889 - 1905 and Shire Chairman 1894 - 1896.
Patrick Clifford (1840 - 1910, born Fermanagh Ireland) was one of the first settlers to take up cattle grazing in the Esk District and opeated a general store from 1879 to 1903 on this site, known as Clifford`s Corner.
Erected by his descendants and Esk Shire Council 1999.