www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Alderman J.J. NicholsPrint Page Print this page

28-June-2015
28-June-2015

Photographs supplied by Peter F Williams
Fountain dedicated in memory of Alderman J.J.Nichols. 

 The drinking fountain near the Lifesaving clubhouse was built in 1934 and officially unveiled on the 14th October that year. It was specifically intended for the use of school children visiting the tidal baths for swimming classes. The fountain, originally erected to mark the commencement of the shark-proof enclosure, was dedicated to the memory of Alderman J. J. Nichols. 

Location

Address:Carwar Avenue, Carss Bush Park, Carss Park, 2221
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.989677
Long: 151.119392
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Fountain
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Government - Local

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 14th October, 1934
Front Inscription
     DEDICATED TO THE 
           Memory
       OF THE LATE
ALDERMAN J.J.NICHOLS
             1934
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design