F. M. ClaxtonPrint Page
The Claxton Memorial Fountain was erected at the main entrance to the fernery in 1890 by public subscription.
It was a tribute to Frederick Moses Claxton, Councillor and Mayor of Ballarat (1872-1877), who was devoted to beautifying the Lake and Gardens.
|Address:||Botanical Gardens, Ballarat, 3350|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.546492|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Sub-Theme:||Government - Colonial|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1890|