Lachlan MacquariePrint Page
A monument commemorates the first visit of Governor Macquarie to Camden Park in 1810. The monument originally also included a plaque commemorating the two aboriginal servants which had accompanied them. This plaque has been removed.
|Address:||Camden Park Drive, Barrigal Lagoon, Menangle, 2568|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.102407|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Sub-Theme:||Government - Colonial|
|Actual Event STart Date:||16-November-1810|
|Actual Event End Date:||19-November-1810|
THE CAMPING PLACE OF GOVERNOR MACQUARIE AND MRS MACQUARIE THE FIRST GOVERNOR`S WIFE TO VISIT CAMDEN PARK NOVEMBER 16TH - 19TH, 1810
"OUR LITTLE CAMP WAS FORMED ON A BEAUTIFUL EMINENCE NEAR A LAGOON OF FRESH WATER, THE TENTS FRONTING THE SOUTH WEST, ABOUT THREE MILES FROM THE FOOT OF MT. TAURUS." GOVERNOR MACQUARIE`S JOURNAL NOVEMBER 16TH, 1810.