Thomas Gilbert Henry Jones Print Page
A Helidon sandstone grotesque, sculpted by Rhyl Hinwood, set in the south-west wall of the Forgan Smith building of the University of Queensland commemorates Thomas Gilbert Henry Jones (1895-1970), professor of chemistry.
In August 1915 Jones accepted a post as assistant-lecturer and demonstrator in the department of chemistry, University of Queensland, and was given responsibility for teaching organic chemistry. After World War One, Jones returned to the University of Queensland where he was promoted to lecturer in May 1921. On 12 April 1940 he was appointed to the chair of chemistry at the University of Queensland.
|Address:||University Drive, Forgan Smith Building, St Lucia, 4067|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.496689|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Rhyl Inwood|