Kathleen M LilleyPrint Page
The Kathleen M. Lilley library was built at Brisbane Girls' Grammar School in 1958 as a memorial to Kathleen Mitford Lilley (1888-1975), headmistress.
In 1925 Kathleen Lilley became headmistress of Brisbane Girls' Grammar School. As headmistress, Miss Lilley ran both the day school and the boarding school, where she lived for many years. The school itself occupied nearly all of her life and she even tended the gardens when time permitted. She continued to teach English and French (with a reputed preference for brighter students) and is remembered with affection and some trepidation by her students, who nicknamed her 'Blos'.
|Address:||70 Gregory Terrace, Brisbane Girls Grammar School, Brisbane, 4000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.459067|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1958|