Father John BurfordPrint Page
Window erected by parents and friends to the memory of Father Burford who died in 1982.
Father John T Burford was a Missionaries of the Sacred Heart priest and past Principal of Chevalier College. Father Burford was on staff at Chevalier College from its first year in 1946-47, again in 1952 to 1956 and then 1975 to 1982.
Father Burford’s sister, Sr. Philomena Burford, dedicated many years to developing literacy at the College, further strengthening the Burford tie to Chevalier. Sr. Philomena was there from 1988 to 1995.
Chevalier College is owned by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart and conducted by Chevalier College Limited, with a committed group of teachers and support staff. It began as a boarding school for boys in 1946 with a total enrolment of 40.
|Address:||11 Charlotte Street, Chevalier College, Burradoo, 2576|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.507052|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.