Dawes FamilyPrint Page
Peter Dawes Park was named in honour of the Dawes family who gave the land as a contribution to the community.
Mr & Mrs Dawes were the original owners of the Julia Creek newsagency built by them in 1948.
|Address:||Burke Street (Flinders Highway), Peter Dawes Park, Julia Creek, 4823|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -20.657047|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
PETER DAWES PARK
3. PETER DAWES PARK
This allotment was selected at this present site as the Dawes family contribution to the community and was named by the McKinlay Shire Council in their honour. Mr and Mrs Dawes were the original owners of the Julia Creek Newsagency , built by them in 1948 still situated across the road. In the 1940s part of this area was the site of the Blue Bird Café which burnt down in 1949.