Thomson Memorial ChurchPrint Page
Named after John Thomson who squatted on Lake Keilambete, 6 kilometres north-west of Terang.
This exceptional church, in Barrabool and Waurn Ponds stone, was designed by Reed, Smart & Tappin as a memorial to John Thomson, of `Keilambete`, who was killed in 1890 after engaging the architects.
Dedicated as his memorial in 1894, the building includes a clerestoried nave, with aisles, transepts, a semicircular apse housing a vestry and an arresting tower and spire, of French character
|Address:||Warrnambool Road & High Street, Terang, 3264|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.240833|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Reed, Smart & Tappin|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1894|
Presbyterian Church of Australia
Thomson Memorial Church
"Not to be ministered unto but to minister"