William AllittPrint Page
Seat commemorating the first curator of the gardens.
Portland Botanic Gardens were established in 1857 by William Allitt with assistance from the Melbourne Botanical Gardens curator Dr Ferdinand Von Mueller, this is the second oldest botanic garden in Victoria
|Address:||Glenelg & Cliff Streets, Botanic Gardens, Portland, 3305|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.34|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||Portland Historical Society|
A Tribute to William Allitt, first curator of Portland`s Gardens, from Portland Historical Society 1984