Frederick John LudowiciPrint Page
A grove of trees commemorates the work for the Balls Head Reserve done by Frederick John Ludowici.
Frederick John Ludowici (1873-1969) was businessman and conservationist . His absorbing interest, outside work, was horticulture, especially the propagation of native wildflowers, trees and shrubs. Ludowici donated trees to Sydney City Council, to catchment areas and to Balls Head Reserve where, from 1930 until he was in his nineties, he worked voluntarily to restore the area. In 1967 a ceremony was arranged by the Wildlife Preservation Society of Australia and North Sydney Municipal Council to unveil a plaque dedicating the F. J. Ludowici Grove.
|Address:||Ball`s Head Road, F. J .Ludowici Grove, Waverton, 2060|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.846759|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Wildlife Preservation Society of Australia|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 27th May, 1967|
Unveiled In Recognition Of
Mr. Ludowici`s Interest In The
Regeneration Of Ball`s Head
Twenty-Seventh Day Of May