Olive ClarkePrint Page
A clock commemorates the 45 years of service to the community by Olive A. Clarke .
Mrs Clarke was born in 1886 and died in 1987. Throughout her life, until she was in her seventies, she worked tirelessly for the Returned Services League, especially the Ladies Auxiliary, the Methodist Ladies Aid, the Methodist Church Trust, Parents and Citizens Association Moruya, Country Women`s Association Moruya, Masonic Lodge (where her husband was a worshipful Master), and Moruya Red Cross.
Mrs Clarke was secretary and treasurer of the Red Cross for many years. She is remembered by young and old as being a willing worker in any community project, turning her hand to any task no matter how menial.
|Address:||61 Vulcan Street, Outside National Bank , Moruya, 2537|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.909579|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 7th January, 1967|
THIS CLOCK WAS ERECTED BY THE
CITIZENS OF MORUYA AND DISTRICT
IN GRATEFUL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT TO
MRS OLIVE A. CLARKE
FOR OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY SERVICES
GIVEN OVER THE PAST 45 YEARS.
7th JANUARY 1967
This clock was replaced by the Moruya Chamber of Commerce in 1994 with financial assistance from
Moruya National Australia Bank
Mr & Mrs E. S. Clarke
R. C. Clarke
C. H. Clarke
Moruya Market Committee
1st Moruya Brownie Guilde Unit
Those involved in the clock's restoration were :