Nancy BlumerPrint Page
Monument commemorates Nancy Blumer`s services to the community. The memorial to Nancy Blumer was originally a fountain which was erected in 1965 and designed by Graves and Blackmore. The memorial underwent an extensive restoration process which featured a new design. While it is no longer a fountain, the new design for the monument sees it lit up with orange and yellow petals encircling a series of metal stamens and feature plaques which tell the story of Nancy Blumer – one of Griffith’s pioneering women. The new memorial was unveiled in February 2013.
Nancy Blumer settled in Griffith in 1922 after marrying Mr P.W Blumer. She was responsible for forming the Girl Guides Association in Griffith and later the C.W.A Younger Set. When World War Two broke out she became Commandant of the W.A.N.S. in the Griffith district. She also spent much time working for the Griffith Branch of the Federated Music Club of Australia and the Arts Council of Australia, She devoted her life to the people of Griffith.
|Address:||Neville Place , Griffith, 2680|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.286785|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1922|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1957|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||2013-02-01|