Jack HillardPrint Page
Plaque commemorates Jacob Hillard (1876-1934) who donated the land for the school in 1914.
Mr Hillard, who had four school age children at the time, gave one acre of land and the local community pooled their resources to move a building from Brookstead School near Commissioners Waters to the site. The Bakers Creek School opened in march 1915 and operated until 1964. The plaque was unveiled by the Mayor Brian Chetwynd.
|Address:||Rockvale Road, Bakers Creek School site, Armidale, 2350|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -30.482778|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||May-2002|