Mary MakinsonPrint Page
Plaque erected at Graythwaite House in memory of Mary Makinson for her work with the red Cross during and after World War One.
Graythwaite was an historic nineteenth century residential estate, later bequeathed to the State in 1916 for use as a convalescent home for returning World War One soldiers. Graythwaite was purchased by the school in 2009.
The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW), 30 August 1939.
|Address:||Blue Street, Graythwaite House, Church of England Grammar School (Shore), North Sydney, 2060|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.84023|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
IN RECOGNITION OF HER WORK
FOR THE AUSTRALIAN RED CROSS SOCIETY
DURING AND AFTER WORLD WAR 1