Raymond Frederick O`HaraPrint Page
Newcastle Workers Club opened for businesss on 8 October 1948. The Club occupied rooms on the 1st floor of the Newcastle Trades Hall Council building, constructed in 1914. The first club extensions were in 1957. On 28 December 1989, during the Newcastle Earthquake, the western wall collapsed, causing that side of the auditium room to fall almost to ground level. The Club operated in temporary premises for 3 years on Wharf Road and reopened in 1992.
|Address:||King & Union Streets, Panthers Club, Newcastle , 2300|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.928431|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 27th September, 1992|
In Memory Of
RAYMOND FREDERICK O`HARA
Foundation Secretary Manager
Newcastle Workers Club
Mrs June O`Hara
Sunday 27th September 1992
THIS PLAQUE COMMEMORATES THE THIRTY ONE YEARS DEDICATED SERVICE OF RAYMOND FREDERICK O`HARA TO THE GROWTH AND PROSPERITY OF THE NEWCASTLE WORKERS CLUB.
RAY WILL BE REMEMBERED WITH AFFECTION BY ALL THOSE WHO WERE TOUCHED BY HIS WARMTH, SINCERITY AND COMPASSION.
President General Manager