Jean PottiePrint Page
A plaque commemorates the work of Jean Pottie O.A.M. to Tarcutta and District. Jean Pottie was a nursing sister for 20 years and patron of the Women's Auxiliary with over 50 years of service.
A Tarcutta District co-operative Community Hospital Ltd was formed on the 21 Aug 1958 with plans to build a hospital in Tarcutta. At their first Annual General Meeting on the 4 November 1959 a resolution was passed that Mrs Dorothy Wild and Mrs Jean Pottie convene a meeting to form a Womans Auxilary. On the 20 November 1959 the first Auxiliary Meeting took place with 22 people present thus the formation of the “Tarcutta Hospital Auxilary”.
|Address:||Sydney Street, Tarcutta, 2652|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.277347|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 27th October, 2001|
A Tribute To
Jean Pottie O.A.M.
In Recognition Of Her
Work Within Tarcutta
And District Community
27 - 10 - 2001