www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Harcourt Pioneer GatesPrint Page Print this page

04-September-2016
04-September-2016

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown

The gates at the cemetery commemorate the pioneers of Harcourt and district.

The pioneer gates were unveiled by Sir Harry Lawson on the 20th October 1935. The Argus (Melbourne) 21st October 1935

Location

Address:Calder Highway, Cemetery, Harcourt, 3453
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -36.982545
Long: 144.256405
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Gates
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 20th October, 1935
Front Inscription

 

 

Left Side Inscription
In memory of the pioneers of Harcourt and District
Right Side Inscription

These gates erected 1935.

"Their faith our inheritance"

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design