Kilkivan 150th AnniversaryPrint Page
Sign commemorates 150 years of settlement in Kilkivan district.
Kilkivan was first settled by Europeans in the 1840s. Queensland’s first gold discovery was at Kilkivan in 1852 and subsequent findings escalated into a gold rush in the 1860s. The town was named for a pastoral run owned by pastoralist John Daniel Mactaggart after his father's farm name in Kintire, Scotland.
|Address:||Wide Bay Highway (Bligh Street) , Kilkivan , 4600|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -26.085196|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||1848|
|Actual Event End Date:||1998|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 31st October, 1998|
1848 KILKIVAN 1998
A tribute to our Pioneers