Pioneers of Goyura & DistrictPrint Page
A monument and a small rest area commemorates the pioneers of Goyura and District.
To the north of Warracknabeal, in the former Karkarooc Shire, the first officially gazetted township was Goyura, proclaimed in 1889, where a school had opened in 1887. This was at the centre of a farming district established by the first settlers on part of the ‘Lake Corrong’ pastoral run.
|Address:||Henty Highway , Goyura, 3395|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.793699|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Waites Robson (Stawell & Swan Hill)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 11th June, 1989|
TOWNSHIP OF GOYURA
(Map of former township)
DEDICATED TO THE PIONEERS OF GOYURA & DISTRICT
1887 - LATE 1950'S
TOWNSHIP OF 96 ALLOTMENTS
ESTIMATED POPULATION: 250
ERECTED BY FORMER & DISTRICT RESIDENTS 1989
Waites Robson Stonemason
Stawell & SwanHill