Pioneer Womens MemorialPrint Page
The statue was installed to commemorate 200 years of European settlement and was funded jointly by New South Wales Bicentennial Council, the National Mutual Life Association of Australasia Limited and the Pioneer Women's Society of Australasia. It acknowledges the role of women pioneers in the development of the country.
The statue depicts an early female settler carrying a child in one arm while gently pulling a young by the other.
|Address:||Loftus Street, Jessie Street Gardens , Sydney, 2000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.862425|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||1788|
|Actual Event End Date:||1988|
|Monument Designer:||Alex Sandor Kolozsy|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 19th November, 1988|
This Statue was commissioned by
the Women's Pioneer Society of
Australasia in recognition of
the courage and endurance of our Women Pioneers
and their vital role in the development of this country.
The project was jointly funded by:
The New South Wales Bicentennial Council
The National Mutual Life Association of Australasia Limited
The Women's Pioneer Society of Australasia
to commemorate the Bicentenary of Australia.
Unveiled on 19.11.1988 by Lady Rowland.