Rhynie 150th AnniversaryPrint Page
Plaque at the Bakers Well site commemorates the 150th anniversary of the township of Rhynie.
Prior to 1939, the area was known as Bakers Springs and for many years the hotel went by the name of Bakers Springs Hotel. The population dwindled after the war when young people left the area to find employment elsewhere, however there are still some descendants of the original pioneers living in the district.
|Address:||Main North Road, Rest Area, Rhynie, 5412|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.148492|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||August-2009|