Pioneers MemorialPrint Page
Monument and gardens commemorate the pioneers of Riverton and were unveiled on the centenary of the settlement. The monument has a number of private family plaques attached to it.
Riverton was first settled in 1856, as a settlement along the bullock track from the mining town of Burra to the capital city Adelaide. It grew from a plan designed by a James Masters who had established the nearby town of Saddleworth. The streets of Riverton received their names chiefly from James Masters and his friends. They commemorate persons notable in the history of the district or the State.
|Address:||Frederick Place, Riverton, 5412|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.155529|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1856|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1956|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1956|
1856 - 1956 Riverton
To commemorate the pioneers who founded the district.