www.monumentaustralia.org.au

McNicol FamilyPrint Page Print this page

McNicol Family : 02-August-2011
McNicol Family : 02-August-2011

Photographs supplied by Graeme Saunders

A plaque commemorates the McNicol family who were early settlers in Terang. 

The first dwelling in the township area was built in 1840 by Donald McNicol, and consisted of a slab hut on the east bank of Lake terang. The township was developed in the late 1850s, the post office opening on 1 March 1859. 

Location

Address:Mary Bradshaw Avenue, Terang, 3264
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -38.240783
Long: 142.912592
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Settlement

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1988
Front Inscription

      In Memory Of
THE McNICOL FAMILY 
Early Settlers Of Terang
          1840.

      Erected By
Terang & District Historical Society.
          1988

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design