Kulin Centenary MemorialPrint Page
A plaque commemorates 100 years of agricultural settlement in Kulin.
The first pastoralists took out grazing leases from 1905. Kulin Rock Soak, north of Kulin, provided fresh water year round and attracted the first settlement to the area. The belt of salt pans around Jilakin lakes, east of Kulin, also held great grazing potential, and once the grazing leases expired, the early farming settlers took up land around the lake and Jilakin Rock in the 1910's. Kulin has since become one of the most productive districts in the WA Wheatbelt.
|Address:||Johnston Street, Kulin, 6365|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.67126|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||October-2010|