Pioneer MemorialPrint Page
Memorial commemorates the pioneers of Goomalling.
The name Goomalling was first shown for a spring found by explorers Hillman and Lefroy in 1846. Hillman noted on his plan "rich grassy country" and squatters subsequently moved into the area. George Slater was the first in the Goomalling area, establishing a property around Goomalling Spring in the early 1850s. When the Northam – Goomalling railway line was opened in 1902 the government decided to establish a townsite at Goomalling. It was gazetted in 1903.
|Address:||43 Railway Terrace , Anstey Park, Goomalling, 6460|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.298333|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.