Memorial Rose GardenPrint Page
Memorial garden dedicated to the pioneers of Cunderdin.
The first European through the area was Charles Hunt who arrived in 1864 and the following year returned to blaze the track which became known as 'The Old Goldfields Road'. He was followed by sandalwood cutters and itinerant shepherds.
Settlement in Cunderdin by Europeans started to progress following the building of the railway in 1884. Charles Hillman undertook the first farmlet in 1898 and by 1901 – thanks to the construction of the Goldfields Water Supply - more people ventured into the area. By 1902 Cunderdin boasted a small general store, a restaurant, hotel (also a receiving house for mail) and a school which was built by Charles Hillman.
|Address:||Lundy Avenue & Memorial Drive, Cunderdin, 6407|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.649766|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.