Kangaroo Valley PioneersPrint Page
Gates from Osborne Park erected in 1956 by the Kangaroo Valley Historical Society as a tribute to the Valley pioneers.
The area was first settled in 1817 when Charles Throsby, an explorer and Captain Richard Brooks, a cattleman, opened the area for white settlement. The felling and exporting of cedar trees quickly became the valley's main industry. By the mid 1840s, the valley also became home to a number of dairy farmers.
Henry Osborne was the biggest landholder, owning in 1837 over 4000 acres. As he had many more large properties in other parts of the state, he rarely spent time in the valley but operated through his many managers and tenants.
|Address:||2029 Moss Vale Road, Kangaroo Valley Pioneer Museum Park, Kangaroo Valley, 2577|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.726994|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1956|