Oatley Town ClockPrint Page
The Oatley town clock, built as a tribute to the village's namesake, James Oatley. It was unveiled on 29 October 1983 to commemorate 150 years since James Oatley was first granted his original deed. The clock was designed by students from the School of Architecture at the University of New South Wales, under the direction of Clive Stevens.
Oatley is named after James Oatley, a convict clockmaker, who arrived in the colony in 1815 to serve a life sentence. When he was pardoned in 1821 he received several land grants, including 300 acres (121 hectares) near the Georges River in the area that later took his name.
|Address:||Frederick Street & Oatley Avenue, Oatley, 2223|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.981076|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||School of Architecture University of NSW|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 29th October, 1983|
1769 - 1839
ERECTED BY THE COMMUNITY
DEDICATED BY ROBERT OATLEY
29th OCTOBER 1983