Mosaic Time WalkPrint Page
Mosaic Time Walk is a bicentennial project to tell Monaro's history through a series of mosaic panels created by members of the community with Chris Graham as co-ordinating artist.
The bicentenary of Australia was celebrated in 1988. It marked 200 years since the arrival of the First Fleet of British convict ships at Sydney in 1788. 1988 is considered the official bicentenary year of the founding of Australia. The Australian Bicentennial Authority (ABA), pursuant to the Australian Bicentennial Authority Act 1980, was set up to plan, fund and coordinate projects that emphasized the nation's cultural heritage.
|Address:||Sharp Street, Centennial Park , Cooma, 2630|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.234722|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 20th August, 1988|
Plaque 1 :
Cooma Mosaic Timewalk
"This Mosaic Timewalk was erected with
funds made available by the New South
Wales Bicentennial Council to the Cooma-
Monaro Historical Society`s project of
visually recording the development of the
district since its discovery in 1823."
Plaque 2 :
The Cooma Mosaic Timewalk
was officially opened by
Peter Cochran, MP, 20.8.88.
Project Participants : Cooma College of T.A.F.E.,
Cooma-Monaro Historical Society,
Cooma-Monaro Shire Council and
Bicentennial Community Committee
Community Groups and Volunteers
The New South Wales Bicentennial Council.
Plaque 3 :
Historical Time Walk
were designed, assemled and constructed by
Staff and Students from the schools of
Art & Design, Building and Metal Trades
Cooma College Technical and Further Education
As an Australian Bicentennial Project
To commemorate the Nation`s Bicentenary in 1988.
Funded by: NSW Bicentennial Council
NSW Department of TAFE