Scottish Memorial CairnPrint Page
A cairn containing two ancient stones from the Scottish parliament in Edinburgh, Scotland commemorates Scottish settlement in the area
|Address:||Gwydir Highway, Sinclair Park , Inverell, 2360|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -29.779131|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 23rd October, 1999|
SCOTTISH MEMORIAL CAIRN
The creation of this Cairn is a memorial to all persons of Scottish descent that have contributed to the development of Inverell and District.
The Cairn features four compass point basalt rocks taken from the site of the first store built in Inverell by Mr. Colin Ross in 1850.
The structure on which this plate is mounted contains two ancient building stones sourced from the site of the new Scottish Parliament House in Edinburgh.
This project was a joint effort by the Inverell Scottish Association, Inverell Shire Council and Community.
23rd October 1999