Springbrook Pioneers MemorialPrint Page
Memorial to Springbrook Pioneers. The memorial cairn was constructed at Hardy's Lookout, off the Springbrook-Mudgeeraba Road in 1961 by the residents of Springbrook to celebrate the opening of the Springbrook School in 1911.
In 1906, a group of settlers known as the Springwood Group travelled by coastal steamer from Bermagui on the South Coast of New South Wales to Brisbane, Queensland. From Brisbane they travelled by train down to Nerang and then up the Springbrook Plateau by a rough bush track. The track had only recently been hacked out of the ridge by a surveying party in the area.
|Address:||Springbrook Road, Hardy`s Lookout, Springbrook, 4213|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -28.208436|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1961|
ERECTED TO HONOUR THE
PIONEERS OF SPRINGBROOK
WHOSE NAMES APPEAR BELOW