www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Brisbane Water Supply Print Page Print this page

A plaque commemorates one of the earliest sources of Brisbane`s water supply.

Behind the Windmill on Wickham Terrace are two covered water supply service reservoirs. The smaller, designed by
Engineering Supervisor Charles Sigley of the Board of Waterworks, was built in 1871; the larger in 1882. Constructed in locally produced brick and fed by gravity from Enoggera Dam, they were balancing reservoirs for the first reticulated water supply in Brisbane and remained in service until 1962.

Location

Address:Wickham Terrace, Wickham Park, Brisbane, 4000
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.466131
Long: 153.022768
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1982
Front Inscription
This plaque commemorates one of the earliest sources of Brisbane`s water supply. The Reservoir is shown in relation to present day street alignments based on information taken from the survey map prepared by the Surveyor Generals Office Sydney, 18th August 1858. DONATED BY DOUGLAS JOLLY 1982
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design