Wyalkatchem Tidy Town Memorial WallPrint Page
Memorial wall commemorates the history of the town.
The district was explored in 1864 but the first settlers did not take up land in Wyalkatchem until 1904. A railway was built in 1900's but it only reached Korrelocking (a nearby town) with Wyalkatchem consisting of a few camps and a blacksmith. The railway was later extended in 1910, to include Wyalkatchem. The townsite was officially declared in 1908 and gazetted in 1911.
|Address:||Railway Terrace, Wyalkatchem, 6485|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.181111|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||April-2005|