Bridgefield MonumentPrint Page
The monument near the old Bridgefield marks the beginning of the hospitality industry, the importance of the timber industry and the pioneering efforts of the early settlers.
The Bridgefield Monument marks the appropriate location of the Davies’ livery stables for horses used in the coaching business operated by Thomas and Elizabeth Higgins. The Higgins began on this site service in 1894 when the surveyor Brazier developed a new road to connect Busselton with Margaret River for the MC Davies timber operations at Karridale.
|Address:||Bussell Highway , Margaret River, 6285|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.946389|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.