Manjimup-Balbarrup PioneersPrint Page
Memorial Cairn with a brass plaque commemorating the early pioneers of the district and this lists those early settlers and their children that are known to buried there. The special feature of this cairn is that a grinding wheel from a water-powered flour mill constructed on the property has been built into the cairn which was constructed by landowners.
|Address:||Perup Road, Balburrup Cemetery, Manjimup, 6258|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.216965|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
IN MEMORY OF JOHN AND ANN GIBLETT THE FIRST SETTLERS IN THE BALBARRUP DISTRICTS WHO SETTLED ON THIS PROPERTY IN JUNE 1861 AND TO COMMEMORATE THE 100TH YEARS OF CONTINUOUS SERVICE OF THE BALBURRUP POST OFFICE WHICH JOHN GIBLETT OPENED IN JANUARY 1864. IT WAS CONDUCTED BY THE DAWSON FAMILY FROM 1909 TO OCTOBER 1963 WHEN IT WAS CLOSED.